Sunday 19 May 2013

The Best Is Yet To Come.


I well and truly feel a stranger to my own blog. These last few months have been some of the toughest I have ever been through. I have created a shop, blogged A LOT about said shop (so-blog.tumblr.com), worked two jobs, built an installation, spent hours…and I mean HOURS of my time hidden from sunlight, beavering away at what was to be my last EVER hand in; (If you are interested in checking out what I created have a cheeky peak…thefuturesense.tumblr.com) as well as sorting out my relationship, working out what was to happen next in my life AND trying to have a bit of fun here and there! I am sure you can forgive me for being just a little neglectful.

So that’s it, I have completed my degree and I feel…STRANGE! I imagined completing a degree to be one of the closest ways to feel on top of the world and don’t get me wrong, I DO feel on top of the world, but leaving education and entering the real world is such a huge mix of emotions! I am ready for it though, Solent has been many things for me – great friends, a lovely boyfriend…but the one thing I have learnt without doubt, is just how passionate I am about the fashion industry; I have never wanted to be a part of something more than this. After sacrificing my love for dancing through a horrible illness, I never thought that I would be as obsessed with anything ever again…but fashion just feels right.

I don’t want to be a designer that makes pretty dresses, or a model that wears those pretty dresses – I want to travel the world and see all the other areas of fashion that go unnoticed, I want to be a trend forecaster (and blogger of course). This next stage in my life is the first stepping-stone to making all of the above happen, there will be a lot of changes and probably a few tears shed at the prospect of leaving my home in Southampton, but I am SO EXCITED at the thought of what my future may hold and I can’t wait to write about all of my adventures along the way!


I am back and ready to start becoming the person I truly want to be; with the journey starting tomorrow, where I will begin a short internship with fashion company I LOVE DUST…to say I am nervous is an understatement, but BRING IT ON!

The best is yet to come…I can’t wait to see my own future!

No comments:

Post a Comment