Sunday 5 August 2012

London Olympics 2012.

Early yesterday morning (VERY early), my family and I set off to the capital for an afternoon of Olympic antics...with Mum's history in the sport, it came as no surprise that we were seeing the Men's Volleyball (MEN'S being a vital part in my eyes!).


My FIRST dilemma of the day...what do you wear to the Olympics? I didn't want to be the most over dressed person at the games, yet neither did I want to rock up in a tracksuit - that only comes out for the gym! I decided casual was the way forward and opted for a polka dot tee, skinny jeans, black biker boots and a fur trimmed cardigan. I think it worked alright and after a Full English brekkie at a local greasy joes, I was ready to face the day.


Earls Court 04/08/2012, Polka Dot Tee TOPSHOP, Black flower £1.99 H&M, Lipstick "The New Black" Rimmel.
Dilemma TWO arrived as we entered the arena...I don't know a SINGLE THING about volleyball, the way its played or the rules - AH A MINOR PROBLEM! But thanks to the handy presenter and demonstration video, this was soon cleared up and its safe to say that after 6 hours of highly skilled Volleyball, (Italy vs. Australia + Russia vs. USA) I THINK I now know what I am talking about...kinda?!


Polka Dot Tee and Jeans both TOPSHOP, Biker Boots Ebay
The atmosphere was electric, crowds screaming their support, mexican waves and the cheerleaders shaking their pom poms. Not forgetting my Italian Stallion and Volleyball dream boat Number 9...who in my opinion was a huge crowd pleaser! After 5 sets in each match the winners were announced, with Italy and Russia coming out as top dogs.


It wouldn't be a trip to London without looking at a few shops (it really was only looking - as I have NEVER been so skint) and this time, it was a cheeky trip to Westfield...what I would do to have that on my doorstep! Its layout is incredible and I LOVE how high street stores are combined with the luxury of "The Village", including huge brands such as Dior, Prada and Burberry. Dilemma THREE, NO money...a girl can dream right?


Shop Windows from Westfield Shopping Centre, London
All in all an action packed day...COME ON TEAM GB!


Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment