Wednesday 27 June 2012

Chanel Does India

Anyone who knows me, KNOWS how much I love all things Indian...apart from a hot curry perhaps, as I have possibly the most sensitive palette known to man. But yes, (just about) everything about the Indian culture fascinates me, from the bold colours, intricate patterns, detailed embellishment and the art form of henna; I can't get enough of it.


So when I recently spotted that the genius behind fashion power house Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld, had channeled his latest collection in to an East meets West, Indian inspired spectacle; I instantly fell in love


Pre Fall 2012 Chanel
The black and white advertising campaign...in my opinion, is genius. It captures the perfect balance between the English rose style typical to Chanel, whilst effortlessly incorporating key elements of Indian traditions, through elaborate poses, layering fabrics and heavy embellishment.


Pre Fall 2012 Chanel


Pre Fall 2012 Chanel
Not only do I suddenly want dreadlocks, but I am desperate to find myself one of these stunning headpieces on the highstreet. 


Mr Lagerfeld...you did good.

No comments:

Post a Comment